Brief summary of some key moments:
By way of introduction and background: January 2000 – According to USDA’s report “Industrial Hemp in the United States”: Cannabis sativa L has a high psychoactive resin content (THC around 3-15), while industrial hemp has nearly non-existent psychoactive resin content (THC around 0.3%).
● Nov 2012 – The State of Colorado and Washington legalized marijuana/cannabis.
● July 07, 2014 – “Cannabis City” became Seattle’s very first legal marijuana shop for over-the-counter purchase & recreational use, resulting in worldwide media attention and a serious discussion over the legalization of the infamous plant and the possible end to the American “drug war.”
● Nov 2014 – The States of Alaska and Oregon legalized marijuana/cannabis for recreational usage.President Barack Obama signed the Farm Bill to permit cultivation of hemp for research purposes.
● Dec. 14, 2016, DEA implemented a rule regarding marijuana extracts due to the complexities of cannabis extracts. According to it “marijuana extract” is an extract containing one or more Cannabinoids derived from any plant of the genus cannabis, other than the separated resin (whether crude or purified) obtained from the plant.
Recent Legislation and Industrial Hemp Companies
● Under the Farm bill 2014, section 7606, state departments of agriculture and universities started to grow hemp for research or pilot programs. But no licenses issued to date
● The 2018 US Hemp Farming Act eliminated hemp from the controlled substances list entirely and finally, US industrial growers got the go-ahead to start producing.
● In June 2018, the FDA approved the use of CBD oil to treat two types of epilepsy. Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (LGS) -a condition that involves different kinds of seizures between the ages of 3 and 5 years.Dravet syndrome (DS)-a rare genetic condition that involves frequent fever-related seizures occurring in the first year of life.
● As of 2018, there are 8 out of 50 states (Alaska, California, Colorado, Maine, Massachusetts, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington) where the Cannabis plant, including both marijuana and hemp, are completely legal for recreational and medicinal use. You can follow CBD oil Nevada for more details on the legalities and benefits of CBD in Nevada.
An Interest Shift on CBD for Wellness
As per scientific studies, cannabidiol (CBD) possesses a range of therapeutic benefits with antioxidant and neuroprotective properties. Among Cannabinoids found in marijuana and hemp, CBD is typically used for health reasons and doesn’t cause a high. A recent shift in interest has sparked tremendous demand in CBD products throughout the wellness environment and wellness industry. CBD edibles and topical products are designed to support normal bodily functions such as sleep, flexibility, energy and overall wellness. Prominent companies like Medix CBD are striving to give consumers technologically innovative and premium quality hemp-derived products. Medix CBD delivers the finest natural ingredients focused on wellness and personal care products including high-end vapor liquid and oral drops with premium CBD rich hemp oil.
Pet Supplements Infused with Cannabidiol
With an increasing focus on pet health, specially formulated products – Pet drops and CBD oil continues to expand into the pet market. A good quality product is composed of naturally occurring CBD derived from premium hemp seed oil, full spectrum hemp extract, and fractionated essential oils, along with rich flavors like bacon. Medix CBD is a natural alternative for pet owners looking for natural alternatives to enrich their pet’s health.
Positive results in cannabis research and the lifestyle segment boost have enabled companies to go beyond traditional cannabis products and come up with tasty, innovative yet healthy and medically beneficial products. All aspects of the cannabidiol industry should be interesting to investors under contemporary circumstances for those looking to tamp into the growing multi-billion dollar industry.