Press "Enter" to skip to content

Murder of kickboxing star at cannabis factory

Khuzaimah Douglas died defending his harvest
A 21-year-old and a 23-year-old were arrested at Holyhead port on Anglesey, Saturday, February 22 on suspicion of conspiracy to rob, a spokesman for West Midlands Police confirmed.

Emergency services were called to a property in Dudley at around 3.30am on Thursday, February 20. Neighbours called 999 and reported seeing a group of men trying to force entry into a house. They reported a fight involving stabbings. A cannabis factory was later found inside the property.

Khuzaimah Douglas, 19, from Moseley in Birmingham, was pronounced dead at the scene. Waseem Ramzan, 36, later died in hospital.

Police said both victims suffered “serious injuries” during the incident. Post-mortem examinations are being carried out to confirm the cause of their deaths.

Mr Douglas, known as “Zaimy”, was an international kick-boxing star who fought out of Tyseley’s USKA fight factory. Professional boxing champions paid moving tributes to him.

A tribute was posted to Mr Douglas on USKA’s Facebook site. His contests are prominently featured on YouTube.

The post said: “We received the unthinkable news that we had lost one of our members, our fighters, our friends and our family at the USKA gym.

“Our beloved brother Khuzaimah Douglas passed away and we all feel absolutely devastated and heartbroken following the news.

“Khuzaimah was a kind, considerate, extremely talented and humble young man who everyone had a connection with, an older brother to the USKA kids and a younger brother to all the seniors.

“To see the effect that this has had on each and every member at the gym last night was truly heartbreaking.

In a tribute released through the police, Mr Ramzan’s family said: “This is a really difficult time for the family and friends of Waseem Ramzan.

“We would appreciate if you could all remember him in your prayers and if possible give to charity in his name.”

A 19-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to rob and murder and remains in police custody.

Detective Chief Inspector Jim Munro said the arrests were a “significant step forward in our investigation”. He added the police were doing all they could to bring those responsible to justice.

Appealing for witnesses to come forward, he said: “People may have witnessed the disorder, people or vehicles leaving the scene, or seen something suspicious.

“We need them to get in touch as every piece of information, no matter how small, could be crucial.”

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.